Friday, June 22, 2007

Fathers Day

Sunday 17th was Fathers Day. I didn't get a card. Ah,Ah,Ah,feck it. Unusual that my wife forgets these things. Not even a self made, DIY, masterpiece from 4 year old Lisa. Altough, if she had been informed, she would have hastily got to work , with crayons, pencils and paper and produced a product dedicated to my good self.
Any way I could forgive Roswitha. She's got bigger concerns at this time, namely the June 23rd due date for our 3rd child.
She wasn't out shopping on Saturday, and thus didn't see all the beautiful cards on display in the local supermarket. Had she been out in town, undoubtdley she would have presented me with one on Sunday morning.
Now I could have bought one for myself, but who in their right mind would do that?
So that was it Fathers Day 2007. I went out for a 2 hour cycle and that wa s better than any card. The dinner she cooked was also superior to any gimmicky Fathers Day card. These things were invented by the Card companies to generate revenue.
In my young day there weren't many Fathers or Mothers day cards. Hardly new what a birthday card looked like. God bless us did it do us any harm.
I remrked to Roswitha, at tea time when she admitted to only then realising that it wa s Fathers Day, that I'd prefere that it was she who forgot me on Fathers day, raher than I forgetting her on mothers day. I'd say I wouldn't get away as handy with forgetting such an occosion

Already looking foreward to Fathers Day 2008

No comments: